Because of the disruptions to public life caused by the current epidemiology emergency, many International and National Intellectual Property Rights Offices have decided to post-pone expiration dates or extend the time limits referred to IPR rights expiring in March. Such measures and remedies in respect of time limits are defined to safeguard users’rights.
Each Office has taken specific measures:
- European Patent Office – EPO;
- European Union Intellectual Property Office-EUIPO;
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Italian Patent and Trademark Office-IPTO;
- Spanish Trademark and Patent Office – SPTO.
On the following page of the Italian Patent and Trademark Office, it is possible to reach the communication published by the different national IP Offices.
Moreover, complying with national regulations many Offices have instructed their staff to work from home.